[Wien] Query regarding clean_lapw

fabien.tran at vasp.at fabien.tran at vasp.at
Fri Jun 10 21:10:34 CEST 2022

If the calculation really did not seem to converge (:ENE was oscillating
or :DIS was staying at some high value for ever) then yes it may be
better to delete the case.vector files with clean_lapw and regenerate
case.clmsum in some way (with dstart or with some functional, PBE or
PBE+U).

I can not remember the details of your system and convergence problems
(was it a metal?), but this has already happened that I could converge
only by using PRATT with a very small mixing factor (0.05) in case.inm.
Using TEMP instead of TETRA in case.in2 may be worth to try.