[Wien] Query regarding clean_lapw

fabien.tran at vasp.at fabien.tran at vasp.at
Mon Jun 13 14:26:23 CEST 2022

In general, the total energies that are compared need to be obtained
with the same setting. So, all the total energies have to be obtained
with either TETRA or TEMP.

You can try to restart with TETRA the calculation that you converged
with TEMP (clean_lapw should not be executed after the TEMP calculation
in order to have the case.vector for restarting with TETRA). Maybe the
TETRA calculation will this time converge.

Otherwise, you would need to run the other calculations also with TEMP.

On 12.06.2022 10:14, shamik chakrabarti wrote:
> Dear Prof. Tran,
>
>                    I have obtained convergence by introducing the
> following parameters; alpha=0.25, mixing scheme = PRATT, mixing
> parameter=0.05, TETRA instead of TEMP in case.in2.
> Now, I want to compare the energy before lithiation & after
> lithiation. I have obtained the energy before lithiation using the
> parameter, alpha =0.25, mixing scheme = Msr1, mixing parameter=0.2,
> TEMP in case.in2
>
> Do you think that these two scenarios are comparable? or I may need to
> invoke the same parameters in the system before lithiation?
>
> with regards,
>
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 at 13:35, shamik chakrabarti
> <shamik15041981 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Prof. Tran,
>>
>> Yes the system is a metal. Do you think using
>> PRATT will be reasonable as Prof. Blaha once said that he would not
>> play with the PRATT mixing?
>>
>> with regards,
>>
>> On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 at 00:40, <fabien.tran at vasp.at> wrote:
>>
>>> If the calculation really did not seem to converge (:ENE was
>>> oscillating
>>> or :DIS was staying at some high value for ever) then yes it may
>>> be
>>> better to delete the case.vector files with clean_lapw and
>>> regenerate
>>> case.clmsum in some way (with dstart or with some functional, PBE
>>> or