[Wien] Need help in knowing the way for controlling the strength of SOC in calculations.

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 21 20:13:11 CEST 2022

No, there is no way to reduce the SO effect by an input parameter.

Of course you can modify SRC_lapwso and recompile.
The speed of light is defined in modules.F, where it is set as a parameter.

modules.F:  REAL*8,PARAMETER  :: CLIGHT=137.0359895D0

You can change it there and recompile.
Obviously, it is also a trivial change to remove the PARAMETER property
from CLIGHT and with an additional input parameter you can change the
effective CLIGHT.

PS: For compounds with different elements you can do further analysis by
switching off SO interaction selectively for one/some atoms.