[Wien] L2main - QTL-B Error

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:26:47 CEST 2022

My notes on that error are below.  Feel free to correct or improve above
them.

Kind Regards,

Gavin

WIEN2k user

QTL-B Error Notes

Not always but a lot (99% ??) of the time QTL-B errors are due to a bad
struct file.  One possibility is wrong space group structure setting.
WIEN2k tends to only accept the crystal setting that sgroup uses [1].
Another possibility could be the repeating decimal (e.g., 1/3) issue
[2]. Potentially another cause could be a RMT issue [3].

The WIEN2k FAQ has a page that has guidance on resolving the QTL-B error
at [4].

The FAQ page at [5] gives some advice if the QTL-B is happening after a
few iterations.

You might also find the QTL-B error being related to ghostbands errors.
If that is the case, troubleshooting of ghostbands are described in
section "12.1 Ghost bands" on page 254 of the WIEN2k 21.1 usersguide [6].

The meaning of QTL is given the mailing list post at [7].

Also, search the mailing list for other solutions that resolved QTL-B
related errors.  For example, a proper case.inst seemed to resolve one
recently in the mailing list [8].

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08148.html
[2]