[Wien] MPI Error while running lapw0_mpi

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:08:39 CET 2022

As Peter said, try running on just 4 cores. There are some things that can
go wrong if you use many mpi for small problems.

Beyond that, please execute "ulimit -a" at a terminal. It is also good to
run it remotely in a job. I want to find out whether you have no rights to
set limits but they are large, or that they have been set for you at some
small value. The second case may be a deep problem where you will have to
work with the admin of the computer, and we cannot help. (If the limits are
large the messages reporting that you cannot set them can be ignored.)

N.B. read the ulimit man page.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University