[Wien] local coordinate of Spin

Ruoshi Jiang ruoshijiang at sjtu.edu.cn
Sun May 22 18:41:31 CEST 2022

Thanks, Sir.

Since the spin orbit coupling calculation will mix the spin up and spin dn together, the eigenvector now is spin dependent.

When we calculate the full BZ eigenstate through the symmetry operations from the irreducible k points. We need to rotate not only the space, but also the spin. How do we represent the basis in spin degree of freedom? Shouldn’t we need the local coordinate of the spin?

We can find the local coordinate in space in case.struct (LOC ROT MATRIX). Is there any information about the spin?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Rossie.