[Wien] ELF

Kateryna Foyevtsova foyevtsova at phas.ubc.ca
Tue Nov 1 21:16:31 CET 2022

Dear Prof. Blaha,

thank you for looking into this issue. I've tried the modified
create_rho.f and calculated the ELF of NdNiO2 again using create_elf. I
am getting a better agreement with QE, but it is not perfect as you
noted it too. My calculation was well converged and I used the same
k-grid and RKmax=7. The bandstructures from QE and wien2k agree very
well.

I attach my comparison as a png file. I wonder whether you have any idea
about the possible reasons for the differences in ELF that the two codes
give? For example, at 0.5,0.5,0 the wien2k value is ~0.22 and the QE
value is ~0.43.

Thank you,
Kateryna