[Wien] About increment of K-points after convergence achieved with less no. of K points

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Thu Nov 10 19:39:38 CET 2022

After a scf calculation, "save_lapw ..." the results.
Then:

x kgen   (or single programs / kgen  in w2web)

run_lapw ...

Usually it takes only few cycles to reach convergence again.

PS: When you compare 2 different calculations, you should have as much
as possible "equivalent" k-meshes.
The interesting number is not "33 k-points", but the mesh which produces
these k-points (eg. a 4x4x4 mesh).
Then compare the lattice parameters/lattice type and produce an
equivalent mesh (if a,b,c are "similar" in both cases, use again a 4x4x4
mesh; if a is 2 times larger, use a 2x4x4 mesh; ...)