[Wien] ELF

reyhaneh ebrahimi reyhanehebrahimi52 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:56:12 CET 2022

Dear Prof. Peter Blaha

Thank you very much for your valuable answer to me.
What kind of change do you expect ? You already have ELF=1 in the
Ce-4f region.>> I expected that the ELF of Ce atoms changes before and
after using the Hubbard parameter as the density of states of these
correlated elements, i.e., as we know the locations of the valence or
conduction of 4f  DOSs of this atom with respect to the Fermi level
depends on the value of Ueff . But when I compared the ELF of CeIn3
before and after using Ueff , I did not see the effect of Ueff on the
ELF as the DOSs of this atom.
If at all, the change should be on the Ce atom. So make a detailed
plot of ELF around a Ce atom and not a plot with so many atoms in the
plane. >> Thank you for your very good suggestion. I need to calculate
the ELF of Ce atoms in the CeIn3 compound, not the individual Ce
atoms. Therefore, I calculate the ELF of CeIn3 and then cut the ELF
around Ce atom in my ELF graph manually. But unfortunately, it did not
affect my results. Would you please help me how I can calculate the
ELF only around one atom in my compound from the beginning of my
calculations? Which files do I need to change to this end?
Also adjust the scale (finer scale only around one). Maybe you can
then see some difference.>> I changed my scale but unfortunately it
did not affect my results too much, please see my results for up
states of CeIn3 in the
“https://www.mediafire.com/file/kecblkdhzsj8orj/myfiles.zip/file” with
the name "CeIn3-ECD-ELF".
Eventually, you may need to plot the difference between the 2
calculations.>> I tried to plot the difference between the 2
calculations. But we need two files, i.e., "case.output5" and
"case.rho" to plot the ELF using XCRYSDEN and "case.output5" contains
many numbers and text that are different in different calculations.
Therefore, I could not subtract only the "case.rho" from two different
calculations to calculate and plot the difference between ELF of them.
I attached my "case.output5" and "case.rho" files in “ELF” folder in
the “https://www.mediafire.com/file/kecblkdhzsj8orj/myfiles.zip/file”.
As can be seen, the "case.output5" in PBE-GGA is different from that
of PBE-GGA+U for up states. Would you please help me what I should do
to have only one "case.output5" and "case.rho" to plot the differences
between the two calculations? Which files should I change to this end?
PS: I'd calculate a difference electron density (PBE+U - PBE). A
detailed density analysis is often much more useful than ELF.>> I do
your valuable suggestion but I have the same problem with plotting the
difference between electron density as with plotting the difference in
ELF using two different methods. In other words, we also need two
files, i.e., "case.output5" and "case.rho" to plot the electron charge
density using XCRYSDEN and "case.output5" contains many numbers and
text that are different in different calculations. Therefore, I could
not subtract only the "case.rho" from two different calculations to
calculate and plot the difference between the electron charge density
of them. I attached my "case.output5" and "case.rho" files in “ECD”
folder in the “https://www.mediafire.com/file/kecblkdhzsj8orj/myfiles.zip/file”.
As can be seen, the "case.output5" in PBE-GGA is different from that
of PBE-GGA+U for up states. Would you please help me with what I
should do to have only one "case.output5" and "case.rho" to plot the
differences between the two calculations? Which files should I change
to this end?

Sincerely yours,

Reyhaneh Ebrahimi