[Wien] Optics with Custom K-mesh

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 5 09:21:00 CEST 2022

The joint program relies on a tetrahedral k-mesh as produced by   x kgen

If you want to use another mesh, you would have to write your own BZ
integration for a joint-density of states, or you can try to write your
own case.kgen  file.  This file contains basically the definition of the
tetrahedra by giving the 4 vertices of each tetrahedron. For details you
would need to look into the code and re-engineer this.

PS: I would simply use a very dense k-mesh everywhere. Wien2k has
basically no restrictions on the number of k-points and since this is
non-selfconsistent, it is a one-shot calculation.

PPS: You may look into   Woptic (see unsupported software). This code
uses an automatically adaptive k-grid and should be compatible with wien2k.