[Wien] IRelast error in C_ana_elast_lapw

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:05:42 CEST 2022

Live by the computer, die by the computer.

If you treat IRelast as a black box that will give you "truth", then things
can go wrong -- obviously they have!

What you need to do is look at the numbers for the energy versus strain
yourself. Plot them -- do they look sensible or not? Use something like
Excel to fit a polynomial, or one of many simple softwares. If you have odd
values, did one of them not converge or something else -- check that
directory.

The most important computer to use is the one above your eyes. Never assume
that software is better than your brain; sometimes it is, often not.

---
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu