[Wien] Optical properties

Chukwuemeka Okoye cmi.okoye at unn.edu.ng
Wed Sep 28 00:54:56 CEST 2022

Thanks a lot Prof. Blaha. Some of my concerns were addressed by your
response.

I still need guidance on the following:
 Recall that the material is a half-metal which is metallic in the dn-spin
channel and semiconducting in the up-spin channel.

When switch 6 is used for the metallic down-spin channel, where is the  x
joint -dn output written? Is this output  the intraband contribution?

When switch 4 is subsequently used for the down-spin metallic channel, and
x joint -dn is executed, where is the output stored or does it overwrite
the previous result.?

Switch 6 will not be used for the semiconducting up-spin channel, hence the
plasma frequency(omega_pl(up-spin) will be zero. I do not know if this is
correct.
The expression for the plasma frequency will have only down-spin
contribution.

Sincere regards.

Chukwuemeka Okoye

*------------------------------Chukwuemeka M I Okoye*