[Wien] DMFT

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 06:12:55 CEST 2023

Since the webpage at [1] shows Python (version 2) as a required package
for DFT+ embedded DMFT (eDMFT), have you tried using that instead of
Python3?

Most recent Linux distributions probably still have a Python2 package.

Take Ubuntu jammy 22.04 LTS as an example.  It has a Python2 package
[2].  It can be installed according to [3] using:

sudo apt install python2

At [1] it has:

python setup.py

In old Linux distributions that would run Python2, but in new
distribution might run Python3.

To tell it use Python2 in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, reference [4] shows that
command could be changed to:

python2 setup.py

Another approach might be to instead install conda [5] and setup conda
environment [6] that only has Python2 installed which would likely allow
the original "python setup.py" command to be used.

[1] http://hauleweb.rutgers.edu/tutorials/Installation.html

[2] https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/python2

[3]
https://linuxconfig.org/install-python-2-on-ubuntu-22-04-jammy-jellyfish-linux