[Wien] [SPAM?] Re: [SPAM?] same k vector, different eigenvectors

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Apr 26 08:52:46 CEST 2023

Hi,

I think this difference is numerics, probably from the mkl.

Do you use ifort + mkl (which version) ??

It would be interesting to

i) use gfortran + openblas
ii)   gfortran + self-compiled blas/lapack (from fortran sources) - will
be very slow
iii) use compiler options with increased precision or no optimization
(-O0). I think our default ifort options do not fully explore machine
precision but speed. Laurence Marks may know better than me how to set
compilation parameters with increased precision.

Are the momentum matrix elements very different or also only with
numerical noise ?

Actually I think that they can be different, only the squared mommat
elements should be fine (not sure about this statement).

Best regards
Peter