[Wien] SOC value \zeta

Samolyuk, German D. samolyukgd at ornl.gov
Thu Aug 17 17:43:06 CEST 2023

Gerhard,

I wanted to know <fi_l|1/r dV/dr|fi_l>, i.e. part added to the hamiltonian resulting in eigenvalues and eigenvectors in case of added SOC and calculated using basis of wf obtained in no SOC case. The <(\sigma * l)> part I can calculate from density matrix output.

Gavin,

Thank you, the references help, but I'd rather don't hack the code 🙂.

Thank you,

German

Dr. German D Samolyuk
Materials Theory Group