[Wien] Volume optimization and Eloss function.

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 05:06:28 CEST 2023

If the structure is still hexagonal after the substitution, the starting
point could be section "5.3 Structure optimization" on lattice parameter
optimization starting on page 87 in the WIEN2k 23.1 (or 23.2) usersguide
[1].

There you should see that you may select between two different packages.

If using *optimize*, there is:

[5] VARY A and C (2D-case) (tetragonal or hexagonal lattice)

Or if using *optimize_abc_lapw*, there is:

optimize_abc -t 2

After that, if the structure contains any free positions for atomic
position optimization, then there is section "5.3.2 Minimization of
internal parameters" on page 91 of the usersguide [1].

Yes, case.eloss is for the loss function [2].  On slide 9 in [3], it
looks to be showing that case.epsilon contains the real and imaginary
parts for the complex dielectric tensor and case.sigmak contains the
real and imaginary parts for the optical conductivity.

[1]
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdfhttp://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf
[2] Slide 22:
http://www.wien2k.at/events/ws2006/Optics_Vienna_April_2006.pdf