[Wien] Question about units of density in density plots

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Aug 29 11:24:00 CEST 2023

Thanks for the fast answer,

Ciao
Gerhard

====================================
Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Institut of Physics
Johannes Gutenberg - University
55099 Mainz
Von: Wien [wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] im Auftrag von Peter Blaha [peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. August 2023 09:53
An: wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Betreff: Re: [Wien] Question about units of density in density plots

Sorry, apparently the units are not mentioned in the UG. Since we also
wanted to plot potentials,... we prefered not to convert anything from
the standard (internal) wien2k units. I may add an input option similar
as in lapw5 later on ...

The units are standard   e/bohr^3.   this explains also the factor you
noticed of 6.7 ~= 1. / .529177^3

PS: prepare_xsf  is "obsolete". 3Ddens is orders of magnitude faster ...
PPs: I'll take over your suggestion of deleting empty files with clean_lapw

Best regards
Peter