[Wien] mBJ after HF with alpha equals to 0.05

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:42:25 CET 2023

Dear Wien2k users,

                    I am simulating a spinel cubic structure with formula
ABCO4 with 56 atoms / unit cell. I have achieved accurate voltage
prediction with alpha 0.05. However, during DOS I have increased the k-mesh
to 8 k points. With this the band gap is coming as 0.25 eV which seems to
be very less (although we do not have experimental data yet). My query is
should I run mBJ as a perturbation after getting the convergence with hf
with alpha =0.05?

with regards, .

--
Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti