[Wien] [SPAM?] Re: Parallel execution on new Intel CPUs

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 01:11:18 CET 2023

Two things:

1) The CPU you have looks interesting. Can you please run and post the
benchmark from the Wien2k page for different omp (and mpi would be good).
It would be good to know what the "Hybrid Core" architecture does with
Wien2k. For mpi elpa is much better -- it can also be better for non-mpi.

2) It is established lore in the DFT community that increasing the
"smearing" assists convergence. However, not all lore is true. I am aware
of zero evidence for this with the current Wien2k mixer, so I suggest
sticking with room temperature rather than 1500K. More important is a
well-posed problem. For more see
http://www.numis.northwestern.edu/Presentations/DFT_Mixing_For_Dummies.pdf

--
Professor Laurence Marks