[Wien] QTL quantization axis for Y_lm orbitals

pluto pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 16 14:33:46 CET 2023

Dear Prof. Blaha,

I looked the case.radwf file. For my test case of bulk-fcc-Al it
consists to following header:

    1 781   0.0001000000   0.0129828604   2.5000000000

Here "1" seems to indicate the atom number from the case.struct (there
is only one inequivalent for fcc Al) and "781" indicates the number of
mesh points between the center of the atom and the radius of the sphere
(starting at the radius and ending at the center). Radius in this case
is 2.5 Bohr, as also indicated.

After this there are sections, each with 781 rows. These sections are
marked by 0, 1, 2, 3...8 which for me seems to be s, p, d, f, ...

Now each of these sections contains up to 10 columns. Can you explain
the meaning of these columns?

To me it looks as if 2 columns are assigned to each of u, u-dot, u_lo,
... But I would expect a single column of real numbers, in the spirit of
R_nl for the hydrogen.

I plotted some of these columns for check, and the first columns of the
first section looks like 3s, but the second column looks a bit strange.

Best,
Lukasz