[Wien] Whether XANES can be simulated using Hybrid DFT

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:39:08 CET 2023

Dear Wien2k users,
                                I have obtained a converge solution using
HF with alpha=0.05. The simulated voltage matches well with experiment.. I
achieved the energy value with 1k point as the atoms/cell is 56. However,
to simulate DOS I have run one more iteration  with -newklist
2x2x2 i.e. 8 in irreducible brillouin zone. Now my queries are,
(1) should I calculate XANES in the present folder which contains -newklist
(as we know with -newklist at 1 iteration the energy will be wrong while
DOS will be correct)
(2) If yes what should be the steps for running XANES from a converged
solution?

Looking forward to listen from you,

with regards,
--