[Wien] Questions on bonding strength

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 26 13:44:51 CET 2023

I guess nobody can answer this without detailed knowledge of the system.

Interestingly you replace Mo (6 valence electrons) by Ti (only 4).
Does Ti go on Mo1 or /and Mo2 sites ?

Are they all metallic / semiconducting ?

Plot (partial) DOS. Where is EF ? Compare differences ..., maybe support
the analysis by electron densities (of certain energy ranges)...

Calculate Bader charges, charge transfer ?

Compare with the structural corresponding binaries like MoB2/TiB2;
Mo3B2/Ti3B2, MoB/TiB, and  Mo/Ti Si compounds.