[Wien] xxmr2d:out of memory / estimate memory consumption

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 18:17:15 CEST 2023

If you look at the output you provided, each local copy of H and S is 3Gb.
Adding another 3Gb for luck suggests that you would need about 360 Gb,
assuming that you are only running on k-point with 36 cores.

This guess indicates that you should be OK, but do your nodes really have
10Gb/core? That would be unusually large.

Also, 36 cores is really small, a point that Peter made some time ago.
120-256.
--
Professor Laurence Marks (Laurie)
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University