[Wien] lapw0.def failed

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 05:40:13 CEST 2023

If you're building fftw3 from source with gfortran and are following my
steps, the fftw3.f03 is installed in the ~/fftw-3.3.10/include directory
as seen in step 4 of [1].

If you're using ifort instead of gfortran, fftw3 can also be built from
source and the fftw3.f03 can be installed in the ~/fftw-3.3.10/include
directory as seen in step 2 of [2].

If you are instead using fftw3 from the Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS package,
which likely only works when using gfortran, the library header file
fftw3.f03 gets installed in the /usr/include/ directory as seen below:

username at computername:~/Desktop$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    22.04
Codename:    jammy
username at computername:~/Desktop$ ls /usr/include/fftw3*
ls: cannot access '/usr/include/fftw3*': No such file or directory
username at computername:~/Desktop$ sudo apt install libfftw3-dev
username at computername:~/Desktop$ ls /usr/include/fftw3*
/usr/include/fftw3.f    /usr/include/fftw3.h /usr/include/fftw3q.f03
/usr/include/fftw3.f03  /usr/include/fftw3l.f03

Of note, the fftw3 library files (libfftw3.a and libfftw3.so), from the
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS package get installed in the
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ directory:

username at computername:~/Desktop$ ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3.*
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3.so.3
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3.so.3.5.8

Depending on the install approach that you use for fftw3, you have to
adjust the FFTW options and FFTW-LIBS in siteconfig appropriately.

[1]
https://github.com/gsabo/WIEN2k-Docs/blob/main/WIEN2k23.2_Ubuntu22.04_Install_with_gfortran.pdf
[2]
https://github.com/gsabo/WIEN2k-Docs/blob/main/WIEN2k23.2_Ubuntu22.04_Install_with_OneAPI(ifort).pdf