[Wien] No job scheduler

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 5 08:51:52 CEST 2023

Yes of course.

Firstly, it is necessary that you have your data on a common filesystem
("NFS mounted"), so that you can access your home directory on all nodes.

Then you need "passwordless ssh" and can set it up as described in the
UG (chapter 5.5.1).

Once this is done you can create a .machines file with lines like
1:nodename1, ... for k-parallel runs, or you can directly login to a
certain node and issue the    run_lapw commands there.

Am 05.06.2023 um 08:25 schrieb Lawal Mohammed via Wien:
> Dear All,
>
> Please I want to know if it's possible to run calculations on a
> cluster machine that doesn't have a job scheduler. If yes, please I
> need a guide on how to do it. Thanks a  lot for your time.
>
> Best wishes.
>
> Lawal
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email:peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at       WIEN2k:http://www.wien2k.at