[Wien] Difference in DOS and BAND graphics

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 21 10:12:54 CEST 2023

Hard to say what goes wrong. Maybe the k-mesh for the bandstructure does
not catch the metallic bands, or

you sed the qtl-file from the band-k-mesh instead of the full scf-grid ?

Anyway, check directly the case.scf file. The label is not called :BAND
but :BAN; to see if it is a metal or an insulator you can also check if
there is a :GAP line (only with TETRA).

Am 21.06.2023 um 06:18 schrieb Hülya Gürçay:
> Dear WIEN2k users,
>
> I made optimisation for MnVZrP , i found the equilibrium lattice
> parameter 6.07 A,
> I used this lattice parameter in SCF calculation,
> I copied this SCF file to a new folder and plotted Band and DOS graphs
> through the interface.
> In the band graph, there is a gap in the spin down channel and the
> material is semi-metal, while in the DOS graph, metal appears in both
> the spin up and spin down channels.
> I both plotted in eV and Ry units,
>
> How can i fix this incompatibility?
>
> XC: GGA-PBE
> K points: 20,20,20
> Rkmax:8; Lmax:12,
> Cc: 0.0001; Ec:0.00001
>
> This material has been calculated before with different code , here
> https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2020/ra/d0ra04633g
>
> Sincerely,
> Hülya

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email:peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at       WIEN2k:http://www.wien2k.at