[Wien] Treatment of E^3 in xspec

Weinhardt, Lothar (IPS) Lothar.Weinhardt at kit.edu
Tue May 16 10:26:46 CEST 2023

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the implementation of xspec (I am
particularly interested in the emission). The manual states that the
implementation is following the papers of [Neckel et al., 1975, Schwarz
et al., 1979, Schwarz and Wimmer, 1980]. The corresponding formula
contains a E^3 term (with E being the emission photon energy). Is this
term included in xspec? For narrow-band spectra, this emission energy
dependence might be neglected, but for broader spectral ranges at soft
x-ray energies, it might become relevant and I could easily apply it to
the spectra generated by xspec (unless it is already applied).

Thanks and best wishes
Lothar Weinhardt