[Wien] Hello, Can we calculate IR and Raman frequencies using wien2k. If yes Please guide how?

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 25 15:18:26 CEST 2023

Yes, it is even very simple because you do not need supercells, just the
Gamma phonons.

You need an additional software package, I'd recommend phonopy, which is
free and works well together with wien2k.

There was a phonopy lecture/example on our last workshop, please check
the corresponding files on www.wien2k.at

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email: peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at      WIEN2k: http://www.wien2k.at