[Wien] Volume optimization of Sulfur

pboulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Wed Nov 29 22:11:53 CET 2023

Hello,

Without more technical details on the calculations you have performed, it is difficult to answer your question. However, beware that, the S6 “molecules” in the crystal are maintained together by van der Waals interactions that are not accounted for in DFT. You have to add, e.g., Grimme’s D2/D3 vdW corrections in your calculations.

Best regards
Pascal