[Wien] w2web xcrysden problem

Gavin Abo gabo13279 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 05:33:33 CEST 2024

What WIEN2k version are you using?

Could you provide what XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR is?

It looks like the Perl code in WIEN2k 23.2 is implemented differently
between that of "view structure" and that of the "Calculate density with
XCrysDen" and "View density with XCrysDen" in w2web.

For "view structure", in SRC_w2web/htdocs/util/viewxcrys.pl, it looks
like XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR runs through some regular expressions [1] before
getting stored in the XCRYSDENDIR variable before it executes the
XCrysDen command:

${XCRYSDENDIR}xcrysden --wien_struct $DIR

On the other hand, "Calculate density with XCrysDen" and "View density
with XCrysDen" in SRC_w2web/htdocs/util/rhoxcrys.pl executes XCrysDen
commands, respectively, as:

xcrysden --wien_density $DIR

xcrysden --wien_renderdensity $DIR

Since the above two calls work fine on your computer system, you could
maybe find "${XCRYSDENDIR}xcrysden --wien_struct $DIR" in viewxcrys.pl
and try removing the ${XCRYSDENDIR} to make the XCrysDen command similar:

xcrysden --wien_struct $DIR"

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

Kind Regards,
Gavin