[Wien] Query regarding wien2k_scratch directory

Tomas Kana kana at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 26 22:17:56 CEST 2024

The dot and slash ./ means your current directory

Dear Sir,

  After echo $SCRATCH the output is:   ./

Any comments

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024 at 22:14, Peter Blaha <peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

    During   userconfig  you have specified a SCRATCH directory. Only
      you can know what you did there.

    PS:   echo $SCRATCH   will tell you, what you specified.

    Am 26.04.2024 um 13:30 schrieb shamik
      chakrabarti:

        Dear Wien2k users,

                             After running calculations I am saving
          the data in external hdd while deleting the same from linux.
          However, at each time, after deleting data, I have found that
          some amount of spaces are not recovered. Wien2k is saving some
          files in Linux which I am not able to delete.

        My query is where are those extra files are stored? Whether
          there is some directory called as _scratch but then I am not
          able to find it either?

        Any response is eagerly awaited.

        with regards,

        --

                      Dr. Shamik
                        Chakrabarti

                      Research Fellow

                      Department of Physics

                      Indian Institute of
                        Technology Patna

                      Bihta-801103

                      Patna

                      Bihar, India

Peter Blaha,  Inst. f. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: +43-158801165300
Email: peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.imc.tuwien.ac.at      WIEN2k: http://www.wien2k.at

Wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at