[Wien] Query regarding wien2k_scratch directory

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 20:10:22 CEST 2024

Dear Prof. Gavin,

      After invoking all the commands you have listed I have come to know
that *.cache *folder contains 12 GB of space. .cache folder contains the
followings;

event-sound-cache.tdb.bb916188e665483abe367841b820014a.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 gstreamer-1.0      pip          ubuntu-report
evolution
ibus               thumbnails   update-manager-core
fontconfig
 ibus-table         thunderbird  yelp
gnome-desktop-thumbnailer
mesa_shader_cache  tracker3

Is anything removable from this folder to recover the space?

with regards,

Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Fellow
Department of Physics