[Wien] ELPA

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 10:08:35 CEST 2024

For details everything depends upon compilation. My experience is that ELPA
is faster except for very small sizes (e.g. bulk MgO) where the mpi version
can crash. I always use it in both lapw1 & lapw1_mpi. Best is for you to
test on your system.

Note that ELPA (and all of scalapack/lapack) work well with mpi, openmp and
hybrid (both). Hybrid mode with 2 openmp & many mpi can be very useful if
the memory/core ratio limits large calculations.
___
Professor Laurence Marks (Laurie)
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu
else has thought" Albert Szent-Györgyi