[Wien] Requesting help regarding WSHIFT parameter. Guidebook is not helping much.

Pranjal Nandi pnandi at ub.edu
Sat Jul 20 08:10:51 CEST 2024

Dear Creators,

Hello.

A reply to my mail about WSHIIFT parameter would be very helpful. The parameter is affecting the broadening widely and I am unable to understand

  1.  how the programme automatically assigns a value in the case.inb file
  2.  If I want to compare ELNES of 2-3 similar cases with just minute differences (like one electron less, 2 electron less), the default WSHIFT parameter is varying. So should I manually change it and put the same for all?

  3.  I have done broadening on the same case.elnes by using different WSHIFT parameters to check if it just shifts the data. It didn’t affect the shift, rather it affected the intensities and number of peaks too. Hence, without a proper understanding, I am unable to compare the broadened TELNES.

please refer to my previous mail below for more details.

Any kind of help would be very appreciable.

With warm regards,
Pranjal