[Wien] slurm script

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 17 20:57:53 CEST 2024

Below some comments:

> I have gotten the following error:
>
> [lplucin at iffslurm Au-bulk-test]$ more slurm-69063.out
> iffcluster0414: Using Ethernet for MPI communication.
> SBATCH: Command not found.

It looks as if you have a line with
SBATCH ...      in your script instead of
#SBATCH ....

Probably the definition of number of nodes:
#SBATCH -N 4        # define number of nodes

PS: For slurm
#command      are slurm directives,
##command     is a comment
command       would be a Linux command, but not a SLURM directive.

> DIRECTORY = /local/th1/topo/lplucin/Au-bulk-test
> WIENROOT = /Users/lplucin/WIEN2k
> SCRATCH = /SCRATCH
> SLURM_NTASKS: Undefined variable.

> Then I tried to define:
>
> setenv SLURM_NTASKS_PER_NODE 8
> setenv SLURM_NTASKS 32

These variables should be set automatically by the
#SBATCH --tasks-per-node=8
#SBATCH -N 4        # define number of nodes

directives.

PS: Your cluster support should have some information/documents how one
submits a slurm job and which variables should be set/used.

I could imagine that different slurm versions/setups work slightly
different.