[Wien] slurm script

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 18 20:09:38 CEST 2024

> Just to make sure, I have two questions:
>
> - This script will allow running WIEN2k on slurm cluster without
> passwordless ssh login?

No, I don't think so.

Yes, this script should create the   .machines file on the fly in CASE.
In your example, probably 32 lines (I doubt that this will be very
efficient).

run_lapw takes this .machines file and spans parallel jobs according to
you installation in siteconfig (usually ssh unless you configured this
differently). And for this you need of course passwordless ssh.

> - Should this script generate .machines file which is present in the
> CASE directory? Should this .machines file contain a list_of_all_nodes
> times the tasks_per_node? For N=4 and tasks_per_node=8 this should be 32
> lines, 8 lines per each node (like the localhost lines when running on
> desktop machine).
>
> Best,
> Lukasz
>

> On 2024-06-17 20:57, Peter Blaha wrote:
>> Below some comments:
>>
>>> I have gotten the following error:
>>>
>>> [lplucin at iffslurm Au-bulk-test]$ more slurm-69063.out
>>> iffcluster0414: Using Ethernet for MPI communication.
>>> SBATCH: Command not found.
>>
>> It looks as if you have a line with
>> SBATCH ...      in your script instead of
>> #SBATCH ....
>>
>> Probably the definition of number of nodes:
>> #SBATCH -N 4        # define number of nodes
>>
>> PS: For slurm
>> #command      are slurm directives,
>> ##command     is a comment
>> command       would be a Linux command, but not a SLURM directive.
>>
>>> DIRECTORY = /local/th1/topo/lplucin/Au-bulk-test
>>> WIENROOT = /Users/lplucin/WIEN2k