[Wien] lapw0 stuck/drained with seemingly no error message upon launching SCF

Peter Blaha peter.blaha at tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jun 23 08:50:48 CEST 2024

Your files look all ok.

a)  Try a different example (eg. fcc Cu or something else very simple).

b) I do not have a Mac, and I do not know if anybody is running wien2k
directly on a Mac. However, I know that somebody has installed a virtual
box on a Mac and runs ubunto + wien2k in this box. Of course, this may
not give you the full power of your Mac.

c) You seem to be familiar with programming anyway. So the only way to
debug this is to i) either use a debugger, where you can actually see
how far the code is (setting breakpoints,...) or alternatively, ii)
putting "print*, 'xxx' " statements into xcpot1.f/lapw0.F and find out
yourself where the code hangs.

Sorry, but since I cannot reproduce this myself, I cannot help more ....

Peter

PS: Another idea: Compile lapw0 without optimization and possible with
some debug switch. Remember to do in SRC_lapw0:
make
cp lapw0 ..