[Wien] HELO/HDLO crashing after including multiple LOs. Please help.

Pranjal Nandi pnandi at ub.edu
Mon Jun 24 13:23:59 CEST 2024

Dear Peter,

Thanks a lot for your advice. We do have more Xe atoms, but we wanted to add them one by one (upto 7 atoms) to see the change in the ELNES structure.

I have some doubts regarding your comment :

> 1    1.00     0.0000 CONT 1       ---> this is much to low in energy

1. How do I understand (from which parameter), how much low is an acceptable parameter for each orbital? And how many LO's can I keep adding (any limits)

2. In a separate case but for the same Xe atoms, I wanted to ionise the particles, hence I removed one electron from NE in case.in2 but I ran into charge leakage NEC01. Does that mean that I should change RMT and as well as maybe set even lower -8 or -10 energy to separate the core and valence states followed by finishing the initialisation and remove 1 electron from NE?  or this is not the right way to ionise/charge the system.

Kindly guide. That would be all.

Thank you so much.

With warm regards,
Pranjal