[Wien] lapw0 stuck/drained with seemingly no error message upon launching SCF

Yichen Zhang zycforphysics at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 15:58:49 CEST 2024

Dear Gavin,

Thank you for the reply and relating this issue to previous thread about Linux patch in the mail list.

If the information below provided helps a little bit.
There are gfortran dmgs available for Mac. It’s on https://github.com/fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS/releases
At first I used the gfortran 13.2 for Sonoma (macOS 14) version there, but it didn’t run well with some all f77 code. So using homebrew, I downgraded it to gfortran at 11 for Apple silicon Sonoma (https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/gcc). I’m not sure if versions in homebrew have a dmg available. I will post if I find any.

Best regards
Yichen