[Wien] Basic question of convergence of structure

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 04:09:42 CET 2024

Dear Prof. Marks and Wien2k users,

      The structure 2 is taking almost 150 iterations for each structure
(during volume optimization) and at each step I have to change iqtslave to
0 as there appears an error semicore band ranges are too large. After
converging with iqtslave 0 I am changing it to 1 again for final
convergence. Doing these are taking unnecessary time. Do you think that I
should continue or abandoned it & take structure 1 which converge in
maximum 25 iterations without showing any error.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

with regards,