[Wien] Differences in band character plotting using two methods under rotated local basis

pluto pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 14 18:43:35 CEST 2024

Dear Yichen,

I agree with your comments.

I did not even try to understand the precise relation between lapw2 and
qtl ;-) I think the only way to go with the orbital projections is to
use qtl. I use lapw2 only sometimes for total for some atom.

Maybe do couple of simple cases to make sure everything behaves as
expected. This is what I did, but I already forgot the details.

You should be careful to set the quantization axis correctly in
case.inq. As I remember it refers to the real-space unit cell lattice
vectors (please check), so sometimes one needs some trigonometry to get
45deg or another angle that relates to ARPES.

I think qtl is a bit outdated and it has small bugs we just discussed,
but I am not sure if there is anyone who would be able to refresh it...

Best,
Lukasz