[Wien] This is regarding the calculation of z2 topological invariant using wcc.py/berrypi module

Burhan Ahmed burhan.ahmed at aus.ac.in
Tue Sep 17 15:58:20 CEST 2024

I am trying to calculate the z2 topological invariant of a 3D topological
insulator. For this, I have set the input parameters in the input section
of wcc.py module as,

For calculating nu_0                                       For calculating
nu_1'

kevoldir = 2                                                      kevoldir
= 2

kevol = [0, 0.5]                                                kevol = [0,
0.5]

kwlsndir = 3                                                     kwlsndir =
3

kfix = 0.0                                                           kfix =
0.5

For calculating nu_2'                                      For calculating
nu_3'

kevoldir = 1                                                      kevoldir
= 3

kevol = [0, 0.5]                                                kevol = [0,
0.5]

kwlsndir = 3                                                     kwlsndir =
1

kfix = 0.5                                                          kfix =
0.5

I am very confused about whether the input parameter is okay or not. For
nu_0 I am getting a gapless state, while for nu_1', nu_2' and nu_3' I am
getting almost the same result (gapped state). Please help me in this
regard.

reference article

https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2303.16306