[Wien] .machines file

Griselda Garcia griselda at bethe.fis.puc.cl
Thu Aug 28 20:54:57 CEST 2003

Dear WIEN users,

Can anybody explain me the differences in .machines file when the
k-point or fine grained parallelization is used?
I read teh WIEN manual but I di not understand how to write the
.machines file for my problem.
I want to use an IBM terascale machine (arranged as 144 nodes and each
node is equipped with 8 Power3 processors)
to calculate a system of 48 nonequivalent atoms and 4 k-points in the BZ.
I have to use a script to send my job to a LoadLeveler system, which
distribute the jobs in the computer, so I do not know which processor
will be assign to me.

I did an attempt but I failed. Below I attach the files used to send my
job to the LoadLeveler system, the error file at the end of the job to
get some hints from you.

The script to send my job:
#!/usr/bin/csh
#@environment = COPY_ALL; MP_EUILIB=us;
XLSMPOPTS=parthds=1:spins=0:yields=0:schedule=static; AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S;
AIXTHREAD_MNRATIO=8:8;MP_SHARED_MEMORY=yes;MP_PULSE=0;
#@Job_name=si111
#@job_type=parallel
#@network.MPI = csss,shared,US
#@output=$(job_name).$(jobid).out
#@error=$(job_name).$(jobid).err
#@node=6
#@tasks_per_node=8
#@node_usage = shared
#@notify_user=ggarcia at fis.puc.cl
#@notification=error
#@notification=complete
#@wall_clock_limit=10:00:00
#@class=normal
#@queue

cat << EOF >.machines
granularity:1
1:bluehorizon.npaci.edu:4
lapw0:bluehorizon.npaci.edu:1
EOF
runsp_lapw -p

The error files sent after my job ran:

stty: tcgetattr: A specified file does not support the ioctl system call.
hup: Command not found.
STOP  LAPW0 END
/paci/ucsd/u11341/WIEN/inst/lapw1cpara: Command not found.

Thank you so much!!!

Regards, Griselda