R*Kmax for different RMTs [Re: [Wien] (no subject)]

Dr.R.S.Rao rsrao at apsara.barc.ernet.in
Tue Dec 2 12:40:05 CET 2003

Dear Wien users and Steven:
	We have tested by keeping RMT*KMAX constant also. There is almost
same result regarding the relative stability of structures. Very little
change in terms of energy differences per atom. The problem is that
relative stability of orthorhombic and AlB_2 type depend on the chosen
RMT and the energy differences are not negligible : about 5-10 mRy per
atom. To reach hihger compressions we have to reduce RMT so that plane
wave cut-off at different compressions remain same.
	So how to rely on the results? Generally it is preferable to make
RMT as large as possible, but we want to go for higher compression and
keep plane wave cut-off constant.
	Please advice.
Thanking you
Ashok