[Wien] Large no of K-points in optical calculations

Chukwuemeka Okoye okoyecmi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 19:02:33 CET 2003

 Dear Wien users,

I am trying to calculate optical properties with up to 10,000 k-points in the IBZ. However, while executing
x joint -up I got the following : STOP  nst. gt. nkpt.

I then had to increase the no of k-points in SRC_joint/param.inc to 15,000 and the following errors were obtained when I executed 'make'  in arbdos.f:

Line 23: REAL *4  OPMAT
Array "opmat" at (^) is too large to handle.
arbdos.f : outside of any programs unit.
arbdos: 23:size of variable "opme_" is too large

I went further to reduce the no  NKPT in SRC_joint/param.inc to 5000 but now got segmentation fault when I excuted  x joint -up

Please I need your suggestion on how to get over this.

 Emeka

Chukwuemeka M. I. Okoye,

Department of Physics and Astronomy,

University of Nigeria,Nsukka,