[Wien] mkl + debian

Steven Homolya Steven.Homolya at spme.monash.edu.au
Tue Jul 1 09:30:17 CEST 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 04:33 pm, Li Wang wrote:

> Intel's compiler and math library are not open source packages.
> I also have not found their deb packages.

I think you misunderstood me. You can get RPM, the Redhat Package Manager
tool, for Debian; not debian packages of intel stuff. Here is one of many
places where you can get it (if you can't apt-get it):

http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rpm/rpm_4.0.3-4_i386.deb

Once you install RPM itself, intel's install scripts will no longer complain
about not having found the rpm executable. BUT see my previous message about
breaking things if you're careless with rpm under debian. Also see

http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/rpm.html

Cheers,

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering