[Wien] parallel calc. without NFS

Kevin Jorissen kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be
Wed Jul 9 14:41:05 CEST 2003

> Local jobspace is allocated dynamically by the PBS and each node has its
> own jobspace and path (accesible only to processes that are part of the
> job and are running on that node), so there is no good choice for SCRATCH.
> Besides, reading/writing large chunks of data are not a problem. It's
> "trickly" I/O that many of the scripts are doing (eg. sed, awk) that are
> causing the problems. Things like writing a large array one element at a
> time, or reading a file line by line.

I don't think I can help you there.  Two suggestions :
1) Try using the delays we mentioned before.  That involves wasting more
time, but that's irrelevant for large calculations, and maybe it allows you
to finish your calculations without crashes.
2) Wait for an answer from a smarter user :-)

Kevin.
EMAT, University of Antwerp, Belgium.