[Wien] parallel calc. without NFS

Kevin Jorissen kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be
Tue Jul 15 09:58:10 CEST 2003

Only vectorfiles and helpfiles are written to the scratch-directories.  The
other files, like case.energy_? etc., are written to the case directory,
where your struct-file etc. is.
The help-files are not needed for anything.  But you will need the
vector-files for some things :
qtl, for example.  If you want to use lapw2 -qtl, eg., you will have to copy
the vector files back to the case directory (I added a few lines in
lapw2para that use the .processes-file to do exactly that).
Also, lapw2 itself needs the vector-files in each iteration, which is what
Stefaan and I discussed earlier in this conversation - lapw2_1 must be
executed on the same machine as lapw1_1 etc. (well, technically you could
start copying vector-files there, too, but I reckon that would get a little
complicated).

Kevin.