[Wien] parallel calc. without NFS

Steven Homolya Steven.Homolya at spme.monash.edu.au
Tue Jul 15 11:38:59 CEST 2003

Thank you to Peter Blaha, Torsten Andersen and Kevin Jorissen for their
suggestions and for clarifying what files are generated by what programs.

I gather that I can use PBS jobspace for scratch but the case directory
must be common to all nodes, i.e. must be NFS unless all processes run on
the one node (because on the system I'm using PBS jobspace is different
for ea. node). I'll see how I go with local scratch + NFS case. Hopefully
I won't choke the NFS again and upset other users (like I've done before).

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering