[Wien] band structure of Ge in the zinc blende structure

mokhtari mokhtari at sepahan.iut.ac.ir
Wed Jul 30 11:35:35 CEST 2003

Dear Wien users
I am studing the electronic properties of the Ge
compound in the zinc blende phase. when I used the LDA
approximation, I obtained semimetal material. then I
used different GGA methods but I get a direct band gap
between Gama-Gama with amount of zero or a smal
quantity. There are some experimental data for this
case show that this material has an indirect band gap
which is Gama-L with value equal to 0.74 eV. Is there
any body to help me for solving this problem.
Thank you in advance,
Yours
A. Mokhtari